Eyeliner is a great way to enhance and define the eyes. It gives the eyes a better frame by making them appear larger while also making them stand out. We will focus on which eyeliner is best for you pencil or liquid. In addition, liners are used for many purposes for example it can help improve the shape of the eyes and it also can help make other features on your face look even better like your “eyes”. In order to apply eyeliner you have to guide your hand and keep your hand steady, you want your eyeliner to be visible when you open your eyes. There are many women who uses eyeliner on both the top and bottom lash line for a more defined, precise look. Keep this in mind it is vital to keep your top eyeliner thicker than the bottom.
Why? Because when eyeliner is apply thicker at the bottom It can appear to make you look tired and throughout the day it could smudge and make you look like you have a “black eye”. When applying eyeliner at the bottom always remember to keep it thin and keep it as close to the lash line as possible.
There are many eyeliner formulas on the market such as an eye pencil, powdered, gel eyeliner and liquid eyeliner. Each of theses have great advantages as well as specific application techniques that could benefit you. Let’s dive into it…
are the most easy to apply and commonly used by many makeup artist and everyday people who loves pencil eyeliner. However, the pencil eyeliner may smudge due to their creamy consistency. To fix this concern you would need to set the pencil eyeliner with an eyeshadow or translucent powder. You can do a dramatic look or a soft natural glam makeup look.
Liquid and Gel Liners
these liners are the most vibrant in color which I truly love. However, these are not so easy to apply and can be quite difficult. I suggest that you watch a Youtube video to help you practice for better results. Theses liners are great for dramatic makeup looks and they last throughout most of your day.
are easy to apply. You will need a good eyeliner brush to apply the eyeshadow. Look for a thin, flat, stiff and/or angled brush to apply. It could be applied damp or dry and could last a good while. The eyeshadow liners are best for a more soft natural glam makeup look.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Eyeliner
apply your liner as close to the lash line as possible, making sure there are no spaces and no gaps. By doing this it makes your lashes look fuller and better.
If you are not trying to have your eyes appear smaller, do not add eyeliner in the inner rim of your eyelids.
If you’re looking for an eye lift. Try applying a thin layer of liner in the inner corner of the eye and as you get closer towards the outward of your eye make the liner thicker.
just apply eyeliner at the bottom of the eyes without layering it with an eyeshadow or translucent powder.
Eyeliner Pencil Application 3 Steps
- Use your eyeliner pencil and draw a line across the whole entire lash line and using a steady hand blend gently with a small smudge brush or your finger.
- Bottom lash line use your eyeliner to draw a thin line 1/2 an inch away from the inner corner of the eye and use feathery strokes to soften the look or for a deeper look just apply more eyeliner.
- To keep the eyeliner in place throughout your day use an eyeshadow of the same shade or translucent powder to place on top of the pencil eyeliner by using either a tiny blending brush or liner brush.
Liquid and Gel Eyeliner Application 4 steps
- Start in the middle lining your lash line working your way to the outer corner of the lash line. Be sure to lift the lid to get as close to the eye as you can.
- Keeping a steady hand apply the liquid or gel eyeliner in soft strokes.
- Then, apply the liquid or gel eyeliner all the way to the inner corner of the eye.
- Make sure your lines match closely enough, it may be a case if one eye has more liner than the other eye, if this is the case just add more to the eye that has less. It’s the easiest way to fix the problem.
Check out this video to help guide you on putting on your Eyeliner.
When you apply eyeliner to the lower lash line and you have dark circles it can make them appear more darker, so use mascara on the lower lashes instead of an eyeliner and bring your concealer close to the lash line to conceal your dark circles. You may even want to go a step further and apply a corrector first then your concealer.
When applying eyeliner to do no leave gaps or spaces between the eyeliner and lash line. If there are gaps or spaces be sure to fill it in with the the same shade of eyeshadow you used.
When you are a person who has sparse lashes and huge gaps even after putting on your lashes, it’s a great idea to tight liner underneath your lash line to also fill in the gaps and to make your lashes look more darker and fuller.
Now that you have received some Pro Tips, you can now find out which eyeliner is best your you pencil or liquid or even powdered. If you are local and wanting to book an makeup appointment book here or is you are wanting to take a makeup class book here. Thank you.